Human Microbes HumanMicrobes.org, Donor SD_ES_2015. Mild improvements to sleep, fatigue, hair, IBS. Major improvements to stool quality, and protein tolerance. (2023)

HumanMicrobes.org

Michael Harrop

Have done FMTs from 13 different donors prior to this one https://forum.humanmicrobiome.info/threads/my-detailed-experiences-lessons-from-13-different-fmt-donors-jun-2018.53/

Last one was from HumanMicrobes.org, Donor IA_SMJ_2010. https://forum.humanmicrobiome.info/threads/humanmicrobes-org-donor-ia_smj_2010-mild-improvements-for-ibs-and-fat.135/

HumanMicrobes.org results tracking: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E9TFLqh9I2ZZhDSvGljyhukU-71fFMmJ/edit#gid=84544379

Prior to FMT:​

• Weight down to 162 lbs.
  • Chronic sinus stuffiness, sleep very poor and restless.
  • Sex drive still very poor. Probably due to overall poor circulation, which is probably playing a role in other symptoms such as low brain function.
  • Brain function still quite poor.
  • Still quite fatigued and in bed after meals.
  • Still can’t tolerate protein.
  • Stool quality is quite poor as I'm unable to find a balance.
  • Noticed a rough patch of skin on left elbow recently.

Diet:​

Before: Brazil nuts, walnuts, peanuts, fruit, white sweet potatoes, basmati white rice, Italian squash, leafy greens, broccoli, butter, olive oil, spices.
After: Added cheese and eggs.

Supplements & meds:​

Before: Imodium 3x/day, creatine, 5k vit d, 65mg iron (ferrous sulfate) 1x every few days, 25mg zinc.
After: Removed iron.

Summary:​

Mild improvements to sleep, fatigue, hair, IBS. Major improvements to stool quality, and protein tolerance.

A few more-promising moments that didn't last. Fatigue is the primary issue still. This donor was similar to FL-RS-1997 for me, but less effective for fatigue.

Since donor #8 or so, I've been relying on keeping my stools dark (usually with iron) to suppress a variety of detrimental symptoms. This donor drastically reduced that necessity. My stools are lighter in color without any problems. My stools were very unstable and usually very soft. They're now stable at type 3-4, dark brown and a bit greenish.

Protein tolerance has increased a lot but I'm still sensitive to prebiotics (carob).

Rough patch of skin on left elbow is decreased a lot.

Appetite and weight slightly decreased.

I'd recommend this donor for treating obesity.

FMT Clinics
  1. I included all required info
Do you purchase regularly from the site? I've been sifting through lots of your posts. I ended up on their website and it appears they charge $1000 per sample, which I believe is 10 doses, plus the cost over overnight air shipping.

That seems like a lot to take a shot at improvements. Are they even long lasting?

Are you using the oral or enema method? I would think oral would be preferred to populate the small intestine. I've read (but don't have a source) that probiotics aren't offered as suppositories because they are ineffective at populating the small intestine.

Do you purchase regularly from the site? I've been sifting through lots of your posts. I ended up on their website and it appears they charge $1000 per sample, which I believe is 10 doses, plus the cost over overnight air shipping.

That's the conclusion I came to as well ($100 per pill!) but when I contacted customer service they told me that was wrong. But they wouldn't clarify further. It was infuriating.

Back