Human Microbes Negative effects from Human Microbes, donor FL-RS-1997 (2022)

HumanMicrobes.org

Archivist

Background: Previously I had done a FMT from the HumanMicrobes UT-AW-1998 donor, which was 100 enteric coated pills. I didn't feel anything immediately when taking them, but later on I noticed my sleep was improved and my histamine intolerance was basically gone (I could eat seafood, wine, etc.). However, during a similar time period I had also been trying two peptides, BPC 157 and Thymosin Alpha -1. It seems most likely that it was the FMT that helped, but I can't be 100% sure.

Anyway, I had high hopes going into this FL donor, as they seemed pretty promising.

Sadly, It didn't work out for me. I opted for stool with antifreeze. I took 20 non-enteric coated pills over the course of two weeks. I experienced adverse effects essentially overnight with the first 10 pills.

Adverse effects: Lower back pain at night, which is something I experienced a year + ago. Sore throats in the morning. Worsened sleep. Mild, intermittent stomach upset.

Beneficial effects: Gut motility used to be aggressive -- i.e. When I had to poop in the morning, it was urgent. Drinking water/fruit/caffeine would really do the trick. This has basically stopped after the FL donor, and my stools are more often a 3/4 rather than a 5.

A couple thoughts of mine:
1. I'm definitely convinced in the potency of FMTs. If it was the Utah FMT that fixed my histamine intolerance, that's a huge effect. And this FMT was not beneficial but the effect was STRONG. It was NOT a lot of stool that I took. This was 20 pills but they didn't even have much stool in them. There's probably like 100x+ of the stool still left untaken.

2. I'm wondering if I should try the lower route eventually, maybe it'll have a different effect. I'm also considering going back and trying the UT-AW donor again, as they may have been fairly successful.

3. My experience with these two FMTs has been that new effects can be noticed even \~2 months after you've ceased taking the FMTs. Maybe that's not normal but I'm going to keep it in mind in the future when reflecting on the procedures.

Summary:
The HumanMicrobes UT-AW-1998 donor may have had beneficial effects for me, while the FL-RS-1997 had mostly negative effects.

I will likely continue to try any promising donors from HumanMicrobes in the future.

Feel free to ask any questions about my experience.

Original 08 Aug 2022 (7 comments).

FMT Clinics
  1. I included all required info
Back