Human Microbes HumanMicrobes.org, Donor UT-AW-1998. Significant improvement for hypotension. No improvement for restlessness, constipation, migraine, or globus. Tested triple/double/single/none HPMC capsules and enemas. (2022)

HumanMicrobes.org

Archivist

Symptoms:
  • Primary symptoms: hypotension (fatigue, chills, occasional dizziness), anxiety (in remission), constipation, restlessness, migraine, globus, underweight, nasal allergy.
  • Hypotension developed in 2020 after many months of oral antimicrobials used to eliminate or lessen certain microorganisms which in hindsight didn't appear to be problematic. After developing this I needed to consume salt frequently to prevent fatigue, chills, and dizziness.
  • Anxiety put in remission in 2018 with methylfolate supplementation.
  • Nasal allergy may have developed around 2004/2005, or earlier.
  • The other symptoms have been around as long as I can remember.
Diet/Supplements:
  • Diet: ~90% whole plants (diverse array), ~10% refined foods.
  • Supplements: Vitamin C/D3/B12, methylfolate, algae oil, zinc, copper, and magnesium glycinate. Occasionally colostrum and inulin around FMTs.
Methods:
  • 13 FMTs performed. Both upper and lower. Both individually and on the same day(s). Except for the ones performed on the same day as each other, FMTs were done roughly every ~6 days. See log for details.
  • Samples had maltodextrin, stored between ice packs in a freezer which I measured at -17dC. This was as cold as I could get it.
  • Thawing was done rapidly by exposure to warm or hot water. In the case of all upper FMTs, I would place the frozen sample in a syringe and either place the syringe in hot water or run hot water over it (the water didn't touch the sample). In the case of most lower FMTs, I would place the frozen sample in a plastic bag, pour in warm saline, and massage the sample from outside the bag.
  • Capsules were made while the stool was still somewhat in the process of thawing.
  • Lower FMTs used gravity method (HumanMicrobiome.info/FMT#lower-route). It was difficult for me to feel the sample moving through my large intestine, and I often had to perform two roll cycles to keep everything in.
Results:
  • Hypotension improved very quickly, I believe within 12 hours of the first day of FMTs, and continued to improve over the weeks. I no longer need to consume salt every few hours to maintain energy and avoid chills and dizziness. It makes sense that this condition improved so quickly considering it only developed a couple years ago after months of antimicrobials. Luckily this benefit has lasted so far.
  • Gained ~1 hour of wake time (started sleeping ~1 hour less than before and not needing that hour) after the 3rd FMT. This benefit didn't seem to last ~15 days after the last FMT.
  • Stool gradually seemed to become more formed in shape after somewhere around the 5th FMT, and more so after the 9th FMT. This benefit may have lasted to some degree but not entirely.
  • Dreams seemed to get more vivid. This benefit didn't last.
  • Herx reactions: Irritability for one day, two days after the first day of FMTs. Possibly slightly reduced energy for a couple/few days after the first day of FMTs.
Log:
FMT 1 (upper) and 2 (lower):
  • Performed on same day and time (upper right before lower).
  • Upper: 30 capsules, double HPMC, 16 hours after and 2.5 hours before food (afternoon).
  • Lower: ~30ml of sample, performed after 2 BMs.
FMT 3 (upper):
  • Performed 7 days after FMT 1 and 2.
  • 66 capsules, double HPMC, 16 hours after and 2.5 hours before food (before bed).
FMT 4 (upper):
  • Performed 6 days after FMT 3.
  • 25 capsules, single HPMC, 7 hours after and 9 hours before food (before bed). Half the capsules were size 00 as opposed to the usual, so it was more like ~30 capsules worth of sample.
FMT 5 (upper):
  • Performed 4 days after FMT 4.
  • ~32 capsules, double HPMC, 1.5 tsp baking soda beforehand, 7 hours after and 11 hours before food (before bed).
FMT 6 (upper):
  • Performed 6 days after FMT 5.
  • 41 capsules, triple HPMC, 1 tsp calcium carbonate beforehand, 7 hours after and 10 hours before food (before bed).
FMT 7 (upper):
  • Performed 4 days after FMT 6.
  • ~20-25ml frozen sample swallowed with unsweetened macadamia milk, 1 tsp calcium carbonate beforehand, 7 hours after and 11 hours before food (before bed).
FMT 8 (lower):
  • Performed 5 days after FMT 7.
  • ~15ml of sample, performed after 2 BMs.
FMT 9 (lower):
  • Performed 5 days after FMT 8.
  • ~25ml of sample, performed after 2 BMs.FMT 10 (upper) and 11 (lower):
  • Performed 6 days after FMT 9.
  • Upper: 35 capsules, double HPMC, 1 tsp calcium carbonate beforehand, 16 hours after and 4.5 hours before food (afternoon).
  • Lower: ~35ml of sample, performed after 2 BMs.
FMT 12 (upper) and 13 (lower):
  • Performed 7 days after FMTs 10 and 11.
  • Upper: 32 capsules, double HPMC, 1 tsp calcium carbonate beforehand, 17 hours after and 3 hours before food (afternoon).
  • Lower: ~35ml of sample, performed after 1 BM.

Original 10 Jun 2022 (5 comments).

FMT Clinics
  1. I included all required info
Back