Human Microbes HumanMicrobes.org, Donor NY_BuddingBear_1994. No benefits. Worsened CFS, IBS, food intolerances, brain function/inflammation. (2023)

HumanMicrobes.org

Michael Harrop

Have done FMTs from 11 different donors prior to this one https://forum.humanmicrobiome.info/threads/my-detailed-experiences-lessons-from-13-different-fmt-donors-jun-2018.53/

Last one was from HumanMicrobes.org, Donor FL-RS-1997. https://forum.humanmicrobiome.info/threads/humanmicrobes-org-donor-fl-rs-1997-addressing-ibs-d-cfs-mild-alzheimer.111/

HumanMicrobes.org results tracking: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E9TFLqh9I2ZZhDSvGljyhukU-71fFMmJ/edit#gid=514185988

Prior to FMT:​

• IBS relief has not lasted. Things are pretty unstable and I haven't been able to find a balance with diet & supplements. Haven't eaten meat for a long time, but still eating eggs daily.
  • Improvements to head inflammation-type symptoms, and brain function have remained, but brain function is still quite poor. FL-RS had a protective effect where I'm not experiencing active inflammation-type symptoms anymore. Unfortunately it didn't trigger a healing effect I've experienced previously.
  • Face is still typically pretty pale and dark under eyes. This seems associated with stool type, including color.
  • Fatigue is still mildly improved.
  • Weight has increased from 165lbs to 180lbs.
  • Still have leftovers of chronic bruising from a wound on my lower leg from many years ago.
  • Chronic sinus stuffiness is mostly returned I think.
  • Sleep is fairly poor still.
  • Sex drive still quite poor. Probably due to overall poor circulation, which is probably playing a role in other symptoms such as low brain function.
  • Ears are no longer caustically leaking.
  • Chest has been feeling worse recently as the FL-RS FMT wears off.

Diet:​

Before: Cheese, eggs, peanuts, brazil nuts, walnuts, fruit, white sweet potatoes, olive oil, spices, honey, basmati white rice, leafy greens, cauliflower.
After: ~~Cheese, eggs, peanuts, brazil nuts, walnuts,~~ fruit, white sweet potatoes, olive oil, spices, honey, basmati white rice, leafy greens, cauliflower.

Supplements & meds:​

Before: Imodium 3x/day, creatine, 5k vit d, 65mg iron (ferrous sulfate) 1x/day, 25mg zinc.
After: Imodium 3x/day, creatine, 5k vit d, 65mg iron (ferrous sulfate) 1x/day, 25mg zinc. Cholestyramine (BAS).

Summary:​

Throughout nearly all the screening this donor seemed like an ideal candidate. After screening 100k+ applicants this person seemed like the #1 rank. Unfortunately, towards the end/at the end of the screening and during the test phase, there were a number of red flags. Despite the donor's red flags, I had a few bags of poop on hand, so I tried it after freezing them for two weeks like they do with raw fish.

This donor has one of the more consistently good & uniform stools, which is something I hypothesized to be important. FL-RS's for example are much more variable. But it seems that FL-RS has something that this donor doesn't. And FL-RS is able to produce certain stools that are quite helpful for me. Whereas this donor wasn't helpful at all.

This donor had no benefits and reversed protein & fat tolerance to the worst it's been in many years. I had to remove all protein, add back BAS, and I'm still way worse. Cold; extensive fatigue and head worse after meals.

There are still people confidently parroting that you simply need to find someone healthier than you, and you'll improve to their level, or at least improve. I've known this to be false for a long time. And this is yet another example of that.

Original 25 Feb 2023 (10 comments).

FMT Clinics
  1. I included all required info
Back