Considering a 5 year old girl to be a FMT donor for a 10 year old girl who has some health problems

fabricioliveira

I have a 10 year old niece who suffers from Hemophilia(a blood coagulation and bleeding disorder) and seizures that are somewhat in remission for a few years now and off the meds, now she started to develop autoimmune skin rashes, has trouble concentrating, a few food intolerances, I have another 5 year old niece that is in perfect health, the only intolerance she has is for red peppers, she has a good personality overall, not very good diet though, I would say her health is 9.5/10, we dont have enough resources to do a FMT in a clinic, in my country it costs about 50k usd, Im wondering If I could consider making a DIY FMT, perhaps me and my sister could be the test subjects first before trying on my older niece.
We are specially worried because her menarche is approaching and is a delicate moment for girls with hemophilia, so finding ways the get her health in shape

Thanks for making this conversation possible and for the help

Make sure you do adequate learning first. Many people use donors they think are ideal and get worse because they didn't properly understand what makes an ideal stool donor. Stool type/characteristics seem to be one of the more important aspects. You can start here:

Regardless, there are still risks. For example, I screened 100,000 stool donor applicants and used the donor I thought was the best out of them all and I got worse. If you look at humanmicrobes.org recipient results, they vary significantly from person to person.

Make sure you do adequate learning first. Many people use donors they think are ideal and get worse because they didn't properly understand what makes an ideal stool donor. Stool type/characteristics seem to be one of the more important aspects. You can start here:

Regardless, there are still risks. For example, I screened 100,000 stool donor applicants and used the donor I thought was the best out of them all and I got worse. If you look at humanmicrobes.org recipient results, they vary significantly from person to person.
thank you, I will read everything thoroughly, turns out the little one is not so healthy anymore, seems like all the bad eating has come up to her and she migh have dysbiosis already since she has been with the flu a lot lately according to my sister, his brother on the other hand, is 19, but breast fed till 5, very few vaccines, not jabbed for the c19, never been sick, physically active, only one sex partner that I know of, very good diet consistent of meat dairy and fruits, excellent dairy tolerance, excellent mental health, I wonder if he might be the one. I might try because I have myself a few food intolerances and autoimmunity, if it works on me is a good indicative right? I might do keto and a 10 day water fast beforehand to nuke the gut biome. I tend to be excessive fast forward and im having a good feeling about this, I will do a lot of study first, dont want to do anything stupid.

Last edited:
Just be careful with the water fast, you have to make sure your water is healthy and pure enough. I have known others who had done a water fast and got sicker because there were contaminants in their water. Good luck to you though :)

Back