Suppression of infections caused by opportunistic bacteria

mikester0

I’m wondering if anyone on here ever heared about the possibility of (chronical) infections specifically caused by opportunistic bacteria being cured by restoring a healthy microbiome that in turn taking care of the natural law and order in the given organ?

A bit of background:

I’ve been battling with a never ending urethritis and prostatitis for about a year and a half. Ive had a course of all the hard hitter antibiotics: amoksiklav, ciprofloxacine, augmentine, dalacine, docyhexal, medoflofine… Everytime I get rid of one of the bacteria, for example Enteroccocus Faecalis, a new one fills its place, currently Streptoccocus Mitis.

I’m tired of taking antibiotics since I’ve also developed a Candida overgrowth problem that makes my whole body unbearably itchy. This has to indicate my microbiome is on the edge.

So i’m thinking of alternatives. Phage therapy isn’t really an option due to the pathogens always changing. Im thinking of doubling down on creating the healthiest microbiome I possibly can while taking Biofilm disruptors long term hoping it could cure the infection.

How crazy does that sound? Has it been done before?

Thank you very much!

So i’m thinking of alternatives. Phage therapy isn’t really an option due to the pathogens always changing. Im thinking of doubling down on creating the healthiest microbiome I possibly can while taking Biofilm disruptors long term hoping it could cure the infection.

How crazy does that sound? Has it been done before?
You didn't mention the method that you're going to use to "double down on creating the healthiest microbiome possible".

You didn't mention the method that you're going to use to "double down on creating the healthiest microbiome possible".
Well, good point. I don’t quite understand how to repopulate the urethra biome. The gut seems hard enough…

From what i’ve read, the carnivore diet may be a good start, although i’ve seen only anecdotal claims about this on reddit. At this point i’m just trying to figure out if there is at least some evidence supporting my theory.

I don’t quite understand how to repopulate the urethra biome. The gut seems hard enough…
The gut microbiome regulates other body site's microbiomes.

Carnivore is an elimination diet https://humanmicrobiome.info/diet/#elimination-diets and will not repopulate anything.

At this point i’m just trying to figure out if there is at least some evidence supporting my theory
There is. Mostly for FMT.

https://humanmicrobiome.info/faq/

Back