Purety Clinic experience?

SMNagai

I've been researching FMT's and am considering using Purety Clinic in Santa Barbara, CA. Is anyone familiar with, or have experience with them? They're charging $7k, which seems high to me, but not if it will be life-changing.

I had C. diff once in 2016 after taking antibiotics for Bronchitis and my health/gut has never been the same since. I've done stool tests, seen multiple GI experts and am trying water kefir right now to replenish the good bacteria. I haven't been able to eat fruit in more than three years, and I'm getting desperate to try something new.

I wanted to update the people interested in FMT's on my recent experience stateside. Aside from major gut issues, I'm trying to treat/improve my Fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and depression.

I completed my round of five FMT enemas at home last week and am now waiting 2-3 months to see the full results. I never imagined I could do this until I found a clinic in my state that offers it. The naturopath doctor said that with my current issues, I should do five enemas, not the 10 that he typically recommends. This cost me $3,000, plus another $300 for overnight shipping the frozen goods. They said that I wasn't a candidate for the capsules, because I don't have a daily bowel movement yet.

Other than some mild cramping and constipation, I've had zero issues with the treatment. The hardest part for me was the three water enemas and liquid diet to prepare the day prior. I cannot speak highly enough of Dr. Birch and his expertise. They use four stool donors and do everything in-house in their own lab, including testing. Three of their donors are female and one is male. He knows them personally, as well as their parents, and what they eat on a regular basis. Two donors are teens, while the other two are in their early 20's. My fears and anxieties of reading all the online FMT nightmare stories were eased when he told me how they operate.

I had the option of using stools from donors with or without fruit and dairy, which I cannot tolerate. I chose to have the donors stick to their regular diets, so I can get the right flora back inside me again. My greatest hope is that, if nothing else, I can eat more foods again in the near future.

For everyone reading these posts like me that think they'll never be able to find an FMT provider nearby or afford it, don't lose hope.

$600 per enema, 6x the cost of other sources. Making the "don't lose hope if you think you'll never be able to afford FMT" comment seem odd.

They said that I wasn't a candidate for the capsules, because I don't have a daily bowel movement yet.
This is not a valid notion based on any evidence I've seen.

My fears and anxieties of reading all the online FMT nightmare stories were eased when he told me how they operate.
I'm doubtful that you understood the important factors to consider, since nothing you've said would make me inclined to use their donors or consider them safe and effective.

Back