FMT and Type 1 Diabetes

coldcast

Hi everyone,

Feeling really grateful that this kind of website exists.

Some Background:
I graduated with a degree in Microbiology in 2014, but couldn't work in the laboratory because the environment and nature of the work was too boring/methodical for me. Despite not loving the laboratory work, I absolutely loved (and still love) the topic. At the time, I took a course with Dr. Emma Allen-Vercoe who was doing some work around the area of FMT. It was really cool, but I didn't pay much attention to it.

I have had Type 1 Diabetes for almost 20 years now. Needless to say, the illness robs me of a lot of things, and the amount of work one has to do to barely stay afloat is staggering. The number of co-morbidities that come with this illness are also a lot. It's easy to fall into perpetual victimhood.

Though recently I feel very hopeful with the advent of FMT and the trials that have been completed with Type 1 Diabetes.
Some studies:

Trial from China
Case Report from China
Trial from Netherlands

I write all this with the curiosity to know whether anyone with Type 1 Diabetes is on this forum with the same curiosity as I around FMT. I know there are a lot of variables here, like how long one has had diabetes for, the type, if beta cells can regenerate etc.

Would be really curious to know if anybody has tried it and what results they got.

Thank you,

Back